Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I want to believe in it all again. Music and art, fate and love. And I want to believe that I've made the right choices and that I'm on the right path and there's still time to fix the mistakes I've made. And I guess I want hope. And I want Lucas. I wish i could change some of the things about how I've acted in the last couple months. I guess I'm just disappointed in myself. You know, I told Lucas that if he loved his fiancée, then I would learn to be okay with that because I wanted him to be happy. But... really, I just wanted us to be happy -- Me and him. Oh, and then when he didn't marry her, I mean, I felt terrible for her and for him, you know? His heart is... breaking right now, and... I come in here and I sit in silence and hear the echoes of who we used to be. And so I wish for patience, and grace, and strength to just let him be happy. Mostly I pray for the strength to not make his life worse because of what I want. That's the toughest part, letting go, you know? That's the part of grace that really sucks.

-Peyton Sawyer; One Tree Hill